What makes QUASAR’s sensors work?
Low Noise Signals
• Hybrid capacitive/resistive ultra-high impedance sensors
• Patented circuit and shielding design
• Low power wireless DAQ
Motion and Environmental Artifact Reduction
• Shear-isolated, Constant-Pressure EEG Electrode Mount
• Common-mode follower
• Designed for comfort and ease of use
• Absence of skin abrasion and gels eliminates skin irritation
• Through Hair design
What does this technology enable?
• Long-term comfort
• Maintenance of contact
• No skin abrasion or preparation
• Low noise
• Reduced motion artifacts
• Ambulatory recording
Are your products FDA approved?
Not yet. While our systems are designed towards ANSI safety
standards, neither the DSI 10/20 nor the PSM are FDA approved
systems. We plan to develop an EEG system further towards
FDA approval through our spin-off Advanced Neurometrics
Inc (ANI link
), but in the meantime, both the DSI 10/20 and PSM can
be used for research on human subjects, as they have been
deemed “minimal risk devices” by several IRBs
What future developments are expected?
• 24 channel digitizers are in the plans for future development,
but timeline depends on funding
• New headset designs with fewer electrodes
• We have a few other improvements in R&D to look forward to in the years to come, unfortunately, we cannot disclose those yet, please check again next year, or email us to put you on our mailing list
DSI 10/20 has 21 sensors but only a 12 channel digitizer?
• DSI 10/20 can be configured with anywhere from 3 to
• In headsets with more than 12 sensors, a junction box is included on the headset. This user-configurable junction box enables the user to select which 12 sensors they wish to digitize at a time.
When is Quasar USA ready to fill orders?
• DSI 10/20 prototypes are reliable and fully functional.
• We are selling prototype DSI systems in small volumes for research applications.
• We are ready to take orders now. Please contact us to request a quote.
What is the lead time on orders?
• That depends on quantity and our pipeline at time of
• A delivery date is provided at time of purchase.
Can I lease equipment?Yes, we are considering a monthly leasing plan depending on system availability